Friday, November 03, 2006

This game will save us if we don't die young

Death From Above 1979 - "Romantic Rights" [Jesper Dahlback Mix] (679 Recordings)
I heard this the other night, and prior to this, I'd never have thought that a DFA1979 track would ever be played more than once on my stereo.

Usually when I hear a track while out and about, they don't stand up to repeated listening, so when I first heard this, I didn't know if I was loving it because of the time and place I hearing it. I'm happy to say, hearing it again now, my opinion hasn't changed in the slightest.

Jesper Dahlback is John Dahlback's Cousin, who has also made some cracking productions over the years, such as his remix of Cirez D's "Knockout".

Oh, it's from 2005, and shortly after I think they made a decision to split up, not officially announcing it until August this year. However, one of their members, Jesse F. Keeler, has gone on to form MSTRKRFT, so it's not all bad.

The thing about DFA1979, MSTRKRFT, and the like, is that they are so trendy that every other blog wants to post about them. So, right now I'm fighting the urge to post MSTRKRFT tracks on THIS blog, because it's well covered elsewhere, by talented and long standing bloggers. The same goes for the likes of Justice and SebastiAn, who are both bloody great, but being done to death elsewhere. For example, check out the Hype Machine to see who's posting about what.

Maybe I should list a few links on the right hand side of the blog to those that I sometimes check out from time to time.

Related/
Tenuous Links
MSTRKRFT official site
MSTRKRFT on Myspace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home