Sunday, October 29, 2006

Shake That Ass!

I've already blogged about Chris Lake previously, having mentioned my disgust that they ruined the perfectly good "Changes" by sticking a vocal over it, as well as raving about his previous collaboration with the Trophy Twins, and his remix efforts on making Rogue Traders even better than they already are.

But, up till now, I've never mentioned another top notch producer. Micky Slim first came to my attention with the briliant remix of Chad Lewis' "Raw Kemistry", which makes brilliant and innovative use of the last line from Eric B & Rakim - "I Know You Got Soul", when he raps, "Rakim'll Say [Peace]".

So that's about them. Here's what they've collaborated on:

Chris Lake & Micky Slim - "Shake" [Noize White Remix] (Rising Trax)
(note the yousendit link due to problems with people downloading)

Thanks to Colin for putting me onto this track. I'm still waiting to hear the original, so I don't know what the Noize White remix adds to it, but this version is pretty good. Love the first bassline that comes in after 1 minute, then after 2 minutes it drops out, and you just know by the way it's building back up that something special is about to hit you....

...and there it is. That fucking wicked bassline comes along, and then they add that squelchy distorted synth to the proceedings.

My one criticism is that the vocal does get a bit boring half way through. Thing is, the fact it's Lake and Micky Slim in the first place, I just can't help get the feeling that it was a pretty tidy track to begin with. I'll probably add an update on my feelings once I've heard the original.


Related Links
Chris Lake on Myspace

Micky Slim on Myspace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home