Monday, October 02, 2006

white people turn up the treble, black people turn up the bass...

Chris Lake & Trophy Twins - "Babaloo" (Pop Pop)

Forget the commericially whored vocal version of "Changes" that was released this summer, Chris Lake is a big talent, with "One Too Many" from last year being the track that had previously captured my attention. And now this newer track is bringing me a lot of joy.

I think this track uses the acapella from the late 90's house track "White Treble, Black Bass", by Australia's Sgt Slick. It's been used to great effect here with some lovely stuttered vocals over a hefty bassline and killer beats in this collaboration with Trophy Twins. If I remember correctly, the Trophy Twins did a rather good remix of Olav Basoski's "Waterman" which I couldn't get enough of last year. On that basis and this latest collaboration, maybe I need to check out a few more of their tracks as well. :)


2 Comments:

Blogger Jay-R Nazareno said...

The bassline is mad wicked!
"Changes" was a dancefloor filler for me this past summer. I think they've done it again.

8:33 pm  
Anonymous Fat Pat said...

Gay? ;)

10:42 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home