Sunday, October 01, 2006

Can We Kick It?

Effin & Blindin - "Yes We Can" (Mena Music)

From what I can tell this track could do with more exposure as it's hardly got any mentions anywhere on the web. Which is rather unfortunate because I think it's yet another incredibly catchy, great tune from the Mena Music label.

The only problem I have with it is that it takes a while to get going (2 mins and 32 seconds before the track finally gets going) and the hook doesn't ever last long enough (20 seconds, the first time it drops) to get the people going until about 2 minutes before the end when the hook finally lasts a full minute.

I reckon it needs a slight re-editing and maybe some extra elements added into the mix to build the track up better to make it reach it's full potential, but regardless, I still rate it as a tune I like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jay-R Nazareno said...

Very 80's sounding. It had me going. Honestly, I like the long intro. I love mixing long intos.
Once the intro kicks in, it makes it all worth it.
I'd love to hear some remixes of this track.

8:47 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home