Monday, September 25, 2006

Don't leave me Alone tonight...I'm

Roger Sanchez feat. Lisa Pure and Katherine Ellis - "Lost" [D. Ramirez Lost In Rave Mix] (Stealth Records)

I'd not heard the original until right this minute, and quite frankly I wish I hadn't.

Roger Sanchez has never been one of my favourite producer/DJs by any means, and knowing that the original has some soppy lyrics (I googled for em prior to hearing a stream of the original from Sanchez' Myspace page) was enough to tell me that I should have stayed clear of his latest one, but I had to hear it anyway for research purposes so that I could subjectively choose between the remix and the original.

D. Ramirez never ceases to amaze me these days with his productions, and this is no exception. Quite frankly there is no contest here. He's salvaged something from the original and made it into a quality tune. Yes, I know it's all subjective, and some people will prefer the original, but they're wrong, and D. Ramirez is right. So very very right.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home