Wednesday, November 01, 2006

just as well it's not been banned from all countries yet....

Charlie May vs Sasha - "Seal Clubbing" [James Zabiela's Seal Squeal Remix] (Renaissance)
(note the zShare link because it's too big for YouSendIt to cope with :D)

James Zabiela's awesome "Robophobia" was posted on here a while back, and I always had intentions of posting up "Weird Science" or one of it's remixes, but I could never decide which version I fancied most.

So instead of that, here's a JZ remix that is absolutely bang on. More than 9 minutes long, and a bassline that is shit hot. I have a feeling this track is no doubt going down a storm at clubs around the world, and I am convinced it's already gotta be supported by a lot of big name DJs, so you might as well follow their lead. I hear the single is out next week.

Some history behind the track: it started out as a commission for an American TV show, before going on to feature as the opening track on a Dave Seaman compilation. The general public opinion that it was the best thing on the compilation meant that it had to be released. I'm sure if that was the end of the story I'd have never bothered to check it out, because Sasha and Charlie May's musical output usually has no interest to me. But instead, that's when Sasha protege James Zabiela got called up to do remix duties, and according to PR guff, having finished the final cut on the plane journey out, proceeded to use it as his tour set opener.

I'm sure it went down a treat. :D

Related Links
Charlie May's profile on his management's website
Spooky (May's production partnership with Duncan Forbes) on Myspace
Sasha official site
Sasha on Myspace
James Zabiela official site
James Zabiela on Myspace

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home