Monday, April 02, 2007

Pump it, stomp it, jam, trip on this!

Sometimes I need a kick up the arse ocasionally, or I get a bit lazy, or get a little bit bored/sidetracked and end up doing other things instead. So thanks to David, who sent me an email last week asking why I wasn't doing any updates on this blog - it's nice to be reminded that there are some people out there who actually find this blog useful and consider my selections. :)

The real reason for my absence was that I'd actually managed to lose my entire collection of recent electro tracks as my cheap MP3 player/USB Hard Drive decided to give up the ghost, meaning everything I had was no longer accessible. This annoyed me somewhat, and I decided not to bother collecting any new stuff for a while while I sulked.

But I finally got off my ass due to much bugging from Phil, who kept pestering me to update the blog, and I finally decided enough was enough, and that I should stop moping around, and just start building up a new collection, so that I could start mixing again, and therefore start keeping this blog up to date again.

So with that, here's a fucking HUGE track to kick things off with. Currently number one on Beatport's chart, and no surprise really. The original is a classic anyway, but this gives it a fresh up to date sound that is just mind blowing.

Global Deejays feat. Technotronic - "Get Up (Before The Night Is Over)" [General Electric Remix] (Superstar Recordings)

One listen and you'll be hooked. The other remixes aren't bad, but this one is the main act that ticks all the right boxes for me. Solid beats, a bassline that makes you weak at the knees, stuttered vocals that are still immensely singable, and a breakdown that is heavenly. What a way to make a blogging comeback.

Global Deejays were responsible for another favourite of mine, "The Sound of San Francisco". It's cheese, but with enough meat about it that they get away with it.

P.S. My electro collection isn't a totally lost cause, as I've pulled the 2.5" 40gb HD out of the casing, and if I can get a little external USB drive thing for it, I may still be able to recover all the older stuff I've blogged about previously.

Related Links
Global Deejays official page
Global Deejays on Myspace
Superstar Recordings official page
Superstar Recordings on Myspace

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Solcofn said...

Nice! About damn time too! ;-)

2:38 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yep - Awsome tune.

Pump it stomp it trip on this - got stuck in my head - I KNEW it was from a classic oldie, but had to google it, which brought me here. Technotronic. Dammn!

3:02 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home