Wednesday, January 24, 2007

if you're coming home with me you're running out of time

Firstly let me mention a tune that was sent my way recently. Solcofn - a fan and regular visit of ILTT since it began - has remixed ATOM's "Digital Technology" track, and apparently they're both due out on release soon, on Kusic Recordings. I'm not the biggest fan of minimal house, but I can appreciate the production that goes into these tracks.

I've not heard the original yet, so I can't really compare the remix to it, but I thought I'd give it a mention. You can check it out for yourself at Solcofn's Myspace Page.

Now onto the main attraction :)

Space Cowboy ft. Nadia Oh - My Egyptian Lover [Ben Macklin Remix] (Tiger Trax)

Continuing my trend of posting up big well known tunes months after everyone else has probably already got them, here's my favourite mix of a big tune that was released last week. Actually I say my favourite mix, it's a hard choice between this and the original. they both offer something different, and so it's worth having both in your box, in my opinion.

There's also a few other remixes such as the Loose Cannons 'Luxurious' remix, and the RogerSeventyTwo Mix which are worth checking out, and the later being a new name that I've not heard of before but will be looking out for more of his stuff in the near future. The Paul Jackson one seems relatively pointless, as it's too much like the original for my liking, and the orignal is pretty damn good in itself, so you might as well stick with that one.

But this particular mix that I've posted, I think I've put my finger on it. it's a cross between King Roc, and D. Ramirez, which is no bad thing at all. The beats and the bassline are reminiscent of D. Ramirez, the breakdowns are King Roc. And it's the shortest 7 min track I've experienced in a long time. if that's not a mark of quality as well, I don't know what is. Ben Macklin is on my research list for this week (along with the aforementioned RogerSeventyTwo).

P.S. Nadia Oh....oh yes.

Related Links
Space Cowboy on Myspace

Space Cowboy official site

Ben Macklin on Myspace
Nadia Oh on Myspace
Nadia Oh official site
Tiger Trax official site

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home