Tuesday, January 23, 2007

One Post My Love

N'Dea Davenport - "One Day My Love" [D. Ramirez Vocal Mix] (Curvve Recordings)

I can't believe I missed this one last summer. No idea how it happened, given my love of D. Ramirez. My defense is that there were a lot of remixes available of this at the time, and I somehow missed the D. Ramirez version in among a bunch of crap. (That might be a tad harsh, as it's not really crap, just not my thing)

Luckily someone I know knew how much I loved D. Ramirez stuff, and played it one night recently in a set. I think it was the dub version, but the production was unmistakable, and I knew I had to have it. I went searching and decided that it'd be the vocal mix that was the one for me.

The vocals perfectly suit the remixed production to a T, the breakdowns are gorgeous, and the bassline and synths that make up the main hook is top banana. Now that I've found this I'll definitely be including it in a few sets in future.

This is a solo effort from N'Dea Davenport, better known for her work in The Brand New Heavies, and perhaps less known for her backing vocals on the Robbie Williams hit Lovelight, which was featured in this blog (albeit the soulwax ravelight dub mix of it).

Related Links
N'Dea Davenport official site

N'Dea Davenport on Myspace

D. Ramirez on Myspace
Currve Recordings

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home