Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Mary J Blige never sounded so good

Joshua Harvey, also known as Herve, The Count of Monte Cristal, among others, and one half of ILTT favourites Speaker Junk, so you know know that his output going to be one worth checking out, regardless of which alias he's using this time.

This one is a few months old at least, and I'm not sure where I got it from, but I believe it's since been re-released on the excellent Dubsided label, that Switch has set up. All I know is that the moment I heard it, and not realising it was an Alias, my first thought was "This sounds like Speaker Junk".

It samples Mary J Blige to absolute great effect, but it's the bassline that gives it that recogniseable Speaker Junk bounce.

Voodoo Chilli - "Look What You've Done To Me" [Dubsided]

Related Links
Herve on Myspace
Speaker Junk on Myspace
Speaker Junk official site
Dubsided on Myspace

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home