Monday, October 16, 2006

I couldn't think of a good title today

Richard Dinsdale ft Wray - "Pulling Me Under" (Toolroom Trax)

Taken from a 3 track EP, this being the title track, alongside "Don't Feed My Ego" and "Simple Text".

This one's been in my collection for a few months, and I still like this one because it's easy to drop into most sets at nearly any time, depending on how much you touch that pitch control. The vocals compliment the simple bassline really well, and the whole track is just great. More than just a filler, in my book.

Mekon - "Yes Yes Y'All" [Duke Dumont Remix] (Wall of Sound)

Thanks to Dave Starsky for pointing me in the right direction for this one. Highly recommended, starts off great, and then halfway through the Justice/SebastiAn/Mr Oizo/Ed Banger label type glitching takes it up another notch. It has also reminded me that I really do need to check out Mekon's recent album "Something Came Up"!


Related Links


Buy the whole "Pulling Me Under" EP

Mekon on Myspace
Duke Dumont on Myspace
Buy the Mekon track

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey ya...

Just wanna say what an awesome blog you have...loads of stuff I've not heard before. A real mind-opener...

Thanks for all the remixes too. I hope you don't mind but I've linked you at my blog too.

How I manage to find your blog? I got intro'd by Dunproofin'...

2:14 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home