Wednesday, November 22, 2006

A little mini touche week

I've mentioned before on this blog that DJ Touche is one of my favourite producers. His remixes are top notch productions that are fresh and bouncy as hell. And yet, in 70 odd posts, I've not actually posted any Touche tracks, probably because I've had a tendency to post about stuff I'd play out rather than stuff I'd play when I'm sitting at home listening to music.

That's the thing about Touche. I love his sets, and I love his remixes, etc, but it's not something I myself would play out. Regardless, he's still in my top producer list.

So, on the suggestion of somebody I spoke to recently, I'm going to do a little Touche mini-week, starting with:

Cajmere ft. Dajae - "Say You Will" [Touche Remix] (Data Records)


Cajmere, otherwise known as the legend that is Curtis (Alan) Jones, or perhaps better known as Green Velvet (the huge 2001/2002 hit "La La Land") teams up again with dance diva Dajae on this release. The original mix of this was already on heavy rotation for me being as it was a great track already with it's booming drums and bassline that you can't help but move your body to.

But then the Touche mix turns up, and it's just as good in it's own way. The vocals are distorted, manipulated and vocoded, and a combination of a bleepy bassline on top of a second pulsating pumping bassline pushes the track in a new direction from the original, as generally happens when Touche gets his hand on something.

In fact, the only thing that remains largely untouched is the violin synth that pops up halfway through.

Related Links
Cajmere on Myspace
Touche on Myspace
Data Records, via Ministry of Sound official site

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home